Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Emerald Isle

I'm finally packed for my first overseas trip to Ireland. Many thanks to Molly for suggesting the compression bags, because of them I have tons of room to stash a bottle or two of Jameson's in it for the return trip. Also thanks to Mary and Sammy for their recommendations on where to go and what to do.

I'm meeting up with my dad and aunt Patty in the Continental Airlines presidents lounge in Newark tomorrow where we leave for Dublin. My layover is for four hours, so I should be sleeping pretty well on the flight.

We'll be in Dublin for a couple days before heading to County Clare. From there I have no idea where we're going, but I'm sure we'll cross a pub or two. Our hope is to track down more info on where my great great grandfather came from, we know the general area from his gravestone in Keeseville, New York but we don't know anything about his parents, siblings or other relatives.

With any luck, I'll find free wireless while I'm there and be able to post pictures of the trip and be able to maintain a bit of a travel blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yo, you're in Ireland? man, lucky.